Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Snowflake Dancer

Good morning everybody!

Today I'd like to show you a card I made with the newly released Snowflake Dancer by Wee Stamps. This stamp is available as a digital image directly through Wee Stamps and as a rubber stamp through Whimsy Stamps.

I adored the Snowflake Dancer from the second Sylvia showed her to me. I think she's delicate and elegant and I knew right away that I wanted to create a cool card around her. The white cardstock was simply embossed with a Cuttlebug Ice Crystals embossing folder, the strip of blue paper is an old scrap I had from Magnolia and I thought those two would be a lovely setting. I kept the embellishments all white though I did play around with blue flowers but that, for me, took away from the pureness of this card which is what I wanted.
A close up of the fairy, colored with Copic Markers, I tried to go for a bit of a distressed look, not to much color.
And the little pieces the image was made with. I cut out most of the snowflake parts one by one after the rest of the image was done, that's why you see them uncut in this picture.

Well that's it for me today. Hope you like my card but you have just gotto love the Snowflake Dancer right? Sylvia was kind enough to let me give one of these cuties away on my personal blog as a digital image to one person leaving a comment on my post on this card there! If you have already purchased the Snowflake Dancer you of course get to pick a different image of your liking. I'll pick a winner somewhere tomorrow so you have all day today and a bit of tomorrow to leave a comment!

Have a great day everybody!!

Hugs,

9 comments:

  1. Awesome,Mariska and gorgeous created card,love it,
    hugs die waldfee

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful card here too. These new images are relaly awesome and sooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card!!! You've put so much work in it, absolutely beautiful!
    Hugs, Sonja.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is stunning...awesome job...love...love the image...gotta have it...thank you so much for sharing this with us..,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have wondered how people get this dimensional look- I had no idea it was soooo many little pieces. The results are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning! Fabulous ideas and inspiration.
    Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
    rubber stamping is my game blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I was wondering how certain items seemed to stand up and out off the page and now I know! Love how you put this together! ~Sarah L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning detail is so beautiful I love all your work I was just wondering what colour combinations do you use for the skin it's absolutely amazing do you do colouring tutorials on copic markers

    ReplyDelete